A “nose job,” clinically known as rhinoplasty, can dramatically improve the way you feel and look. Patients who are unhappy with the appearance of their noses may benefit from a nose job. Sadly, many of our rhinoplasty patients experience feelings of self-consciousness and insecurity concerning the size and shape of their noses. It is common for patients to experience a boost in self-esteem and self-confidence after undergoing a nose job. If you are unhappy with the appearance, look, or functionality of your nose for any reason, you may benefit from a nose job.
Nose Job Benefits
While the most common reason Tampa facial plastic surgery patients undergo rhinoplasty is to improve the appearance of the nose, there are also functional reasons to undergo nose job surgery as well. Benefits of rhinoplasty include:
- Correction of birth defects
- Improved breathing: Functionality issues that can make breathing difficult such as structural abnormalities and narrow nasal passages can be corrected through rhinoplasty surgery.
- Better facial symmetry: Rhinoplasty can be performed to help make facial features more symmetrical.
- More flattering nose shape: Rhinoplasty can be performed to give the nose a more aesthetically pleasing shape. Rhinoplasty can be performed to improve the width or appearance of ridges or bumps of the nose.
- More proportional nose size: Rhinoplasty can be used to reduce the size of a nose that is too large, which can bring balance to the face.
- Improved quality of life: Patients who are self-conscious because of the appearance of the nose often experience a significant improvement in quality of life after undergoing rhinoplasty. Rhinoplasty can give a person a much needed boost in self-confidence.
Nose Job Side Effects
Fortunately for our patients in Tampa, nose job side effects are usually temporary and begin to subside or improve within a couple of days of surgery. Most side effects can be minimized by diligently following all after-care instructions. The most common side effects experienced by our Tampa rhinoplasty patients are:
- Nasal obstruction: Some patients experience difficulty breathing after undergoing rhinoplasty. One of the easiest ways to avoid this side effect is by choosing a qualified surgeon who specializes in facial surgery.
- Bruising: It is common for patients to experience bruising after undergoing rhinoplasty. In fact, bruising resulting from surgery may give the appearance of black eyes. Bruising will typically begin to fade within two to three days after surgery and disappear completely after about ten days.
- Pain: Discomfort and pain are to be expected after surgery. Pain medication may be prescribed in order to help minimize any pain or discomfort after surgery.
- Swelling: Swelling around the eyes and nose is incredibly common after rhinoplasty. While the most dramatic swelling will subside within two weeks of their nose job surgery, patients may experience some amount of swelling for up to six months after the procedure.
Schedule a Personal Consultation Today
To learn more about nose job benefits and side effects, or to schedule a personal consultation, please contact Davis Facial Plastic Surgery today. Our skilled staff would be happy to answer any questions you may have.